1 dead, 10 hospitalized after drug overdose in Blaine

6:41 AM, Mar 18, 2011   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
  • Trevor Robinson
  • Massive overdose in Blaine sends 11 to hospital
  • Massive overdose in Blaine sends 11 to hospital
    

BLAINE, Minn. -- One teenager has died and 10 other teenagers and young adults have been hospitalized after a massive drug overdose in Blaine Thursday morning.

Officers responded to an address in the 9500 block of Monroe Street NE just before 1 a.m. Thursday on a possible overdose. They discovered multiple teens and young adults had possibly ingested a designer drug known as "2 C-e," a reported hallucinogenic.

Several victims fled the scene, but all suffered effects of an overdose. After all the victims were accounted for, 11 people were transported to area hospitals.

Authorities say a 19-year-old male from Coon Rapids was on life support at Unity Hospital on Thursday, but later died. Ten others remain hospitalized, and two are in critical condition.

Friends of the 19-year-old victim identified him as Trevor Robinson.

Police believe the substance ingested by the victims was ordered over the Internet. The exact drug taken by the victims was being tested at the BCA lab Thursday. The victims range in age from 16 to 21, and 2 C-e is considered a party drug that can be turned into powder and mixed into drinks.

The drug is known to cause hallucinations..

The Blaine Police Department and the Anoka County Sheriff's Office are investigating the case.

(Copyright 2011 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)

Most Watched Videos