Progressive dinner between St. Paul and Minneapolis
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn.-- With light rail construction in full swing, the Central Corridor Progressive Dinner presented by Target® in partnership with Mpls.St. Paul Magazine will provide a chance to discover many of the great restaurants the Corridor has to offer.
Twelve restaurants will showcase the distinct culinary cuisine, from trendy Lowertown in St. Paul, along historic University Avenue, to the bustling Stadium Village in Minneapolis.
This morning, the magazine's Beth Dooley and Senor Wong's Executive Chef Cody Munson dropped by our kitchen with a tasty preview.
DATE: Thursday, October 13, 2011
TIMES: 5-7 p.m. or 7-9 p.m.
TICKETS: $50 - purchase at www.mspmag.com/centralcorridor
BUS DEPARTURE: All tours will leave from and return to the History Center - 345 Kellogg Boulevard West, St. Paul.
Yamazaki Bread Pudding
8 EA Eggs
3 ½ C Milk
1 ½ C Heavy Cream
2 C Sugar
1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 C Pear (pealed, seeded)
1 Loaf Brioche Bread (Crust removed &Cubed)
2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
1. Place one Tbsp of butter into medium sauté pan and set over medium heat. Add the pears and slowly cook until the are lightly caramelized on all sides
2. Allow pears to cool until room temperature, then cut into small dice.
3. Place first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and blend with immersion blend until all ingredients are mixed well.
4. Gently fold the bread cubes and pears into milk mixture.
5. Rub remaining butter into non-stick baking tins. And lightly pack mixture into the tins.
6. Bake at 350F for about 35-45 minutes until the mixture is set.
Yamazaki Butterscotch Sauce
1 C Brown Sugar
6 Oz Butter (Weigh on Scale)
¼ C Yamazaki 12 Year Single Malt Whisky
¼ C Sweetened Condensed Milk
¼ C Water
¼ C Heavy Cream
3 Tbsp Corn Syrup
½ Tsp Kosher Salt
¼ Tsp Vanilla
¼ Tsp Baking Powder
1. Bring first 6 ingredients to a boil and lower heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
2. While mixture is slightly simmering whisk in the remaining ingredients (sauce should bubble up due to the reaction from the baking powder).
3. Remove from heat immediately strain through fine mesh strainer.
Almond & Fortune Cookie Streusel
6 Oz Flour
5 Oz Brown Sugar
4 Oz Almonds, Sliced
12 Ea Fortune Cookies, Broken Up
8 Oz Butter (Cold)
¾ Tsp 5 Spice Powder
¼ Tsp Kosher Salt
1. Pulse in food processor until mixed well.
2. Put on sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake 350F degrees.
3. Check after 10 minutes then every 5 minutes after that until golden.
(Copyright 2011 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)