GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn.- Chef Joe Gentile from Tryg's dropped by our KARE 11 Kitchen today to share his recipe for oak smoked chicken. The dish is one of the many dinner specials the restaurant is featuring this month.
Tryg's is located at 3118 W. Lake St. in Minneapolis. For more information, call 612-920-7777 or visit www.trygs.com.
TRYG'S OAK SMOKED CHICKEN BREAST with Bourbon Molasses Glaze
courtesy of Chef Joe Gentile
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, each about 6 ounces/ smoked
1/8 tsp liquid smoke - optional
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper /season to taste
1/4 cup bourbon
1 cup molasses
1 tsp of peppercorns
1/2 tsp. chopped shallots
Glaze Directions -/prepare before chicken is grilled
1. In a saucepan, bring bourbon to a simmer - ignite and burn off alcohol,Be careful, the alcohol will flame a little.
2. Add molasses, and peppercorns to a simmer.
3. Set aside - allow to cool just a little, to drizzle over the grilled chicken breasts
1. If you can smoke your chicken breasts - do so for 20 minutes @ 225 degrees
2. Heat a grill to finalize chicken preparation
3. When the grill is hot, place the chicken on the grill for about 3 minutes per side, or til cooked thru
4. Plate up each breast, top with drizzle of molasses glaze. Serves 2
( Offer any extra glaze alongside in small syrup pitcher)
(Copyright 2011 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )