GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn.-- This morning Chef Carl Littlejohn from Redrossa Italian Grille in Bloomington joined us with one of their fresh, healthy, and easy to make recipes.
For more details about Redrossa Italian Grille, visit www.redrossa.com.
Redrossa Bruschetta with Balsamic Dressing
8 Each - Slices French Bread, cut on slight bias
8 Round slices - of Fresh Mozzarella Log
8 T - Tomato Brushetta Mix (See below)
3/4 C - Field Greens
few drops - Olive Oil
Balsamic Reduction- Garnish (see below)
Char-grill the sliced French bread on both sides.
With a sharp knife cut mozzarella into small coins. Place on bread and top with tomato bruschetta mix.
In a small mixing bowl toss mixed field greens with small amount of olive oil and toss.
On a large round plate do a circular ring pattern and drizzel with balsamic reduction.
Placed tossed greens in the middle of the plate.
Place individual bruschetta at 3,6,9, and 12 o'clock position on plate. Serve immediately.
Tomato Bruschetta Mix
4 Vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
2 Oz fresh basil sprigs
2 T Oilve Oil
2 T Fresh Garlic, chopped
Pinch Kosher Salt
1. In small bowl combine all the bruschetta mix ingredients
2. Mix with spoon until well blended and set aside until ready to plate
2 C Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 C Sugar (Granulated)
1. Place balsamic vinegar into a sauté' pan with sugar and turn on medium heat.
2. Bring to a medium simmer and continue to reduce by half the volume (5-7 minutes).
3. Cool down in an ice water bath (half water/half ice).
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )