GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- Joining us in the kitchen today is Chef Jerry Grim, from Dick's Last Resort restaurant in the Mall of America. He will be teaching us how to make Dick's Mile High Peanut Butter Pie dessert.
1 graham cracker pie shell
14oz smooth peanut butter
11oz powdered sugar
1# cheesecake filler
1. In a mixing bowl using a wire whip, combine the Jello cheesecake filler and milk, scraping the sides of the bowl frequently. Do not OVERMIX!!!
2. Put the cheesecake mix in the fridge to set up.
3. In another mixing bowl sift the powder sugar and add the peanut butter.
4. With gloved hands, mix sugar and peanut butter together, rubbing hands together to break up any large clumps. Mix until uniform in color and texture. The entire mixture should be made up of small pea-sized granules.
5. Distribute he mixture evenly across the pie shell.
6. Gently smooth the peanut butter mixture across the pie shell ensuring even coverage. Now GENTLY but firmly press down on the mix so that it is tightly packed into the pie shell.
7. Pour cheesecake filler over peanut butter pie starting in the center and slope towards the edge.
8. Pie must be refrigerated for no less than 6 hours. Before serving top the pie with 1" high dollops of whipped cream.
(For ease of cutting run knife under hot water)
Visit Dick's Last Resort website for more information
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )