KARE 11 SUNRISE DAY AT VALLEYFAIR TEXT-TO-WIN SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the KARE 11 SUNRISE DAY AT VALLEYFAIR TEXT-TO-WIN Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of the State of Minnesota, who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of KARE-TV ("Sponsor"), Multimedia Holdings Corp., Gannett Co., Inc., Valleyfair, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 5:00 a.m. (C. T.) on May 8, and end at 8:30 a.m. (C.T.) on May 8, 2012 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
Text Message Entry Only: During the Sweepstakes Period, send a text message to 25543 with the key word "RIDE" in the body of the text message. You must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to enter via text message. Entrants will be sent a text message confirming entry. Entrants will be charged standard messaging rates for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling plan. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas.
Maximum one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. By entering, you agree to the terms of these Official Rules and to receive text messages and e-mails from Sponsor, KARE or those directed by either of them. You can opt-out of the receipt of such text messages and e-mails by following the directions in the text or email received from Sponsor or KARE.
4. Winner Selection. Eleven (11) winners will be selected by random drawing, from among all eligible entries, to be held after 8:30 a.m. on May 8, 2012. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Valleyfair guidelines and limitations for roller coaster riders apply.
5. Prizes and Odds. Eleven (11) winners will be invited to participate in KARE 11 Sunrise Day at Valleyfair on May 10, 2012, which includes a live broadcast of the winners riding the roller coasters. (ARV: $42.99 per person). Prizes are subject to restrictions and limitations, including Valleyfair guidelines and limitations for roller coaster riders.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about May 8, 2012 by text message at the telephone number provided in their entries. Failure to reach winners by text message or failure of winners to respond to the notification by 5 p.m. on May 8, 2012 or return of message as undeliverable may result in disqualification of Winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim the prizes, winners must call Jessica Petron at 763-797-7330 by 5p.m. on May 8, 2012. Winner may waive his or her right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winners. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, and publicity release which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Failure to complete, sign and return the affidavit of release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a Winner's disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. In the event of a dispute, all text message entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the wireless phone from which the entry is sent. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of a wireless phone shall be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for the operation of Valleyfair, including any delays, cancellations or unavailability of any activity.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The KARE 11 Sunrise Day at Valleyfair is sponsored by KARE11.The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For the name of Winners (available after May 9, 2012) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winner /Official Rules" (as applicable), KARE 11 Sunrise Day at Valleyfair Sweepstakes, Attn.: KARE-TV, 8811 Olson Memorial Highway, Golden Valley, MN 55427. If you have any questions regarding how to enter this Sweepstakes, please contact Jessica Petron at (763)-458-6505, or firstname.lastname@example.org.