GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Chef Joe Gentile from Tryg's dropped by our KARE 11 backyard today to grill up a flank steak salad. It's one of the many delicious dishes featured on their summer menu.
Stop by Tryg's this weekend for Father's Day and $6 selections off the patio grill menu from 4-7 p.m. And on Sunday, enjoy a jazz brunch with the father/son musical duo of Rueben and Dan Ristrom.
Tryg's is located at 3118 W. Lake St. in Minneapolis. For more information, call 612-920-7777 or visit trygs.com.
TRYG'S Grilled Flank Steak Salad with Marinade
courtesy Chef Joe Gentile
Flank steak - 6 to 8 oz. per person
Soba Sauce Marinade
2 cups Hoisin Sauce
½ cup soy sauce
1/3 cup Worchester sauce
1 cup sliced green onions
3 tbls. minced fresh ginger
3 tbls. minced fresh garlic
1. Mince garlic and ginger, you can use a food processer,
2. Slice green onions. Combine all ingredients for marinade in a mixing bowl
3. Trim any extra fat from steak and toss in marinade
4. Let marinate for 1 hour covered in refrigerator.
5. Cook steak over fire for 3 minutes per side, & slice strips for salad
(this will depend on the thickness of the steak)
6. Mix fresh greens,chopped corn etc below and toss into bowl with a white Balsamic Vinaigrette
or any choice of dressing and plate up two portions onto dinner size plates
7. lays strips of grilled steak along side of the salad - and enjoy
GREEN SALAD Ingredients ( portions for 2 salads)
4 oz Romaine
4 oz Bibb Lettuce
4 oz Red Onions chopped small
2 oz Manchego Cheese
2 oz Cut Corn
5 oz Grape Tomatoes
2 oz White Balsamic Vinaigrette
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )