AFTON, Minn. - A fire caused extensive damage to a home in Afton early Friday morning according to officials.
When fire crews arrived to a house in the 1100 block of Manning Avenue South AROUND 4:30 a.m. they found the home was fully engulfed.
One person was in the home at the time of the fire and was able to get out safely.
Fire officials tell KARE they suspect a lit candle left unattended was the cause of the fire.
Six neighboring fire departments assisted the Lower St. Croix Valley Fire Department. They had to truck water in and lay about a half mile of hose to fight the blaze because the home sits far back from the road.
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)