WILLMAR, Minn. - A 56-year-old Eagle Lake man is dead after being electrocuted while working on a boatlift at his home.
The Kandiyohi County sheriff's office says Brian Van Engen was moving his boatlift when it came into contact with an extension cord that had been rubbed bare. The cord had been used to supply power to the electric boatlift.
Van Engen went under the water. A neighbor unplugged the extension cord and pulled him from the water.
The West Central Tribune reports Van Engen was pronounced dead at a hospital.
The accident happened Sunday evening.