GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- Imagine having the freedom to enjoy nine world-class and limited-vintage varietals, hand-selected by a Master Sommelier, all while savoring signature appetizers, dry-aged steaks, fresh seafood and house-made desserts.
You can make this a reality at the Capital Grille during The Generous Pour Summer Wine Event taking place through September 2.
The Generous Pour offers guests an unparalleled opportunity to enjoy generous pours of as many of the featured wines as they choose and the event exemplifies the expert, personalized service that The Capital Grille is known for. Guests will be guided through the experience, with suggested pairings and wine tasting notes for each course ordered.
Kona Crusted Sirloin
CARAMELIZED SHALLOT BUTTER
Butter, salted 2 Sticks
Shallot, sliced 1/8 inch thick 1 Cup
Butter, Clarified 1 Tbsp
Salt, Kosher 1 tsp
Freshly Cracked Pepper 1 tsp
Fresh Lemon Juice ½ tsp.
White Wine 1 Tbsp
1. Allow the whole butter to soften at room temperature.
2. Warm a sauté pan over high heat. Add the clarified butter, heat to the smoke point, and add the shallots.
3. Caramelize the shallots for two minutes and season with 1 tsp kosher salt.
4. Continue to caramelize the shallots and deglaze with 1 Tbsp of white wine. Bring to a boil and remove from the heat.
5. Combine shallot mixture and softened butter in a stainless steel mixing bowl and whip to incorporate.
18 oz Dry Aged Sirloin 1 ea
Coffee Rub 2 Tbsp
Shallot Butter 1 oz
1. Roll the sirloin in the coffee rub pressing upon rub to create a "crust".
2. Grill the sirloin to the desired temperature being careful not to burn the crust.
3. Brush the sirloin with the butter and allow the sirloin to "rest" for 5 minutes
4. Carve the sirloin from the bone, slice it into 9-10 pieces and place it on large platter
(Copyright 2012 KARE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)