GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- The 2012 Uptown Art Fair is celebrating its 49th annual fair with an exciting lineup of nationally recognized artists, special performances, youth artists, a culinary competition and much more.
The Uptown Art Fair will take place August 3-5 at the intersection of Hennepin Avenue and Lake Street in Uptown, Minneapolis.
Monday morning, Josh Voge, Executive Chef at Urban Eatery, and Doug Huemoeller from Kitchen Window dropped by our kitchen to give us a tasty preview.
More information about the Uptown Art Fair can be found at uptownartfair.com.
Urban Eatery's Mole'
2 cups chicken stock
3 dried guajillo chiles, seeded and destemmed
5 dried ancho chiles, seeded and destemmed
2 corn tortillas, cut into small strips
6 roma tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
2 tbls butter
1 onion thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
1/4 cup marcona almonds, chopped
2 tbls cumin seed
1 tbls dried thyme
1/2 tbls ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
5 oz bittersweet dark chocolate
1 cup chicken stock
3 tbls sugar
1 tbls kosher salt
1. heat 2 cups stock to a simmer and plane in blender
2. toast chiles in a dry pan on med heat for 3-5 min, should be warm and aromatic. place in blender with hot stock and let sit.
3. toast tortilla strips in dry pan until golden brown, add to blender. make sure chiles and tortilla strips are fully submerged, let sit for 10 min.
4. cook tomatoes in dry pan on med heat 3-4 min a side or until starting to charr and become soft. add to blender and puree until smooth.
5. melt butter in large skillet over med heat. add onions, garlic, raisins, nuts, cumin, cinnamon, allspice, and thyme. cook until onions are soft and golden in color, 5-8 min. add to blender and pure until smooth.
6. pour puree into large sauce pan adding chocolate, sugar, salt and remaining 1 cup of stock. simmer for 15-20 min on low heat.
Urban Eatery's Spanish Rice
3 tbls butter
4 tbls chopped onion
1 cup schells pils beer
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup fresh pico de gallo
1 1/2 cups brown rice
1. heat large skillet on med heat and melt butter. add onions and cook until tender.
2. add rice and cook until rice starts to brown slightly.
3. stir in beer, stock and pico.
4. reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 min or until liquid has been absorbed
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )