MINNEAPOLIS - One person was injured and five firefighters suffered heat exhaustion when a gas leak caused an explosion and three-alarm fire at a Minneapolis duplex.
Deputy Chief Perry Ebner says firefighters were called to the northeast residence about 3 p.m. Sunday. They found flames in the basement, first and second floors of the structure.
All of the residents were out of the house by the time firefighters arrived. One resident remained hospitalized Monday. Firefighters worked in hot, steamy conditions and five were treated for heat exhaustion and released by late Sunday night.
Investigators determined Monday that the cause was a leaking gas pipe near the furnace.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)