GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- Chef Charlie Torgerson from Famous Dave's served up a preview of one of the lip-smacking delights that will be served up at this year's Minnesota State Fair Tuesday morning on KARE 11 Today.
The new Ragin' Ankles are slow-smoked tender pork shanks, crispy fried and tossed in a spicy pineapple rage sauce - a combination of grilled fresh pineapple, habaneros, BBQ sauce, pineapple juice and cayenne pepper.
FAMOUS DAVE'S PINEAPPLE BBQ SAUCE
Ingredients - stage #1
1 lb. Pineapple, Grilled
1 oz. Habanero, fresh, cut into 1/4's
3 oz. Pineapple juice
1. Cut grilled pineapple into 1 inch chunks.
2. With gloved hands, remove stems from habaneros. Split habaneros in half than into quarters.
3. Place pineapple chunks, habanero quarters and pineapple juice in blender. Blend until smooth.
Note: When handling habaneros always wear gloves and immediately wash hands with soap and water after handling.
Ingredients - stage #2
Add to above pineapple mixture
2 cups Famous Dave's Sweet and Zesty
1/4 tsp. Cayenne
1/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
4. Place pineapple mixture from stage 1 into mixing bowl.
5. Add Sweet and Zesty, cayenne and salt.
6. Mix with wire whip until all ingredients are incorporated.
Yield 1 quart
You can find Famous Dave's at the State Fair located on the corner of West Dan Patch Ave. and Liggett St. For details, check out famousdaves.com.
(Copyright 2012 KARE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)