MINNEAPOLIS - Most items on someone's bucket list aren't this much work.
Rick and Robin Martinek rolled out of the Metrodome parking lot Monday morning with their bicycle tires pointed east, embarking on a 277-mile trek to storied Lambeau Field.
The journey, which they've dubbed "7 Days to Green Bay", will take them through the Minnesota and Wisconsin countryside to the legendary football venue.
The Martineks say the trip has long been on their bucket list, and Rick and Robin have invited friends, neighbors and anyone else who is interested along to ride one leg, or a number of them. They've set a detailed itinerary, and are also riding for Moms and Neighbors, a charity that is near and dear to their hearts. Anyone who would like to can donate on Rick's blog site. One hundred percent of the proceeds are used on behalf of local moms in need.
- Day 1-Monday: Minneapolis to Hudson, Wis.
- Day 2-Tuesday: Baldwin to Chippewa Falls, Wis.
- Day 3-Wednesday: Chippewa Falls to Whittee, County Road T
- Day 4-Thursday: Whitee to Wausau
- Day 5- Friday: Wausau to Bowler
- Day 6- Saturday: Bowler to Pulaski
- Day 7, Sunday- Pulaski to Lambeau Field, Green Bay
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )