Pan-toasted corn and black bean salad with basil recipe by Robin Asbell:
- tbsp + 1 tsp cold-press sunflower or canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups raw corn kernels (about 2 medium ears)
- 4 oz zucchini, cut into ½-in dice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 14 oz canned black beans, drained
- small ripe tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, slivered
- clove garlic, minced
- tbsp champagne vinegar
- tsp agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat a large, cast-iron frying pan over high heat. Drizzle in 1 tbsp of the oil. Add the corn, zucchini, and onion and stir. Keep stirring until the corn is tender and the zucchini is seared. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl. Add the beans, tomato, and basil.
2. Combine the garlic in a cup or bowl with the vinegar, syrup, remaining 1 tsp oil, and the salt. Whisk to mix, then drizzle it over the corn mixture.
3. Toss to mix and serve, or cover and refrigerate for a couple of days.