GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - The calendar may say October, but we're already looking ahead to a new year and a new you!
Fitness expert Chris Freytag joined KARE 11 Sunrise, live from LifeTime Fitness in St. Louis Park, to talk about Commitment Day.
Freytag and Rebekah Mayer, National Training Manager, share some motivation to get a jump start on your fitness ahead of the new year in a unique way. And when you sign up for Commitment Day, use the code CORP0598 for $5 off.
About Commitment Day
- Commitment Day is a movement to take a stance and personal responsibility to make America healthier
- On January 1, 2013, hundreds of thousands of Americans will kick off the New Year by participating in a simultaneous 5K-run/walk event spanning 35 cities.
- Goal is 350,000 participants- an average of 10,000 per CD city/event
- People of all ages and physical abilities are encouraged to commit to a healthy way of life, and extend a helping hand to others to do the same.
- 100% of the net proceeds of this movement in perpetuity will go to a variety of charities such as Special Olympics, MusiCares, Folds of Honor, Life Time Foundation and more.
Commitment Day in Minneapolis
- On January 1, 2013, Minneapolis will host a 5K run/walk event in downtown Minneapolis at the Metrodome.
- Life Time members, $34; non-members, $39; Kids 18 and under, free with paid adult.
- Register at http://www.commitmentday.com.
- All Commitment Day 5k participants receive a Limited Edition Commitment Day T-shirt and a 2013 Commemorative Commitment Journal.
FREE 5K Group Training
- To prepare for the Commitment Day 5k Life Time is offering free 5K group training
- Meeting twice a week for 8 weeks, totaling 16 sessions of run training & education (a $75 value)
- Led by certified LT Run coaches
Tips for 5K Training
- Goal setting
- Warm up/cool down
- Recovery days
- Dress for the weather- CD will be cold!
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)