GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- Did you know that Thurs., October 25th is World Pasta Day? To celebrate, Pazzaluna is offering Pasta Carbonara for the special price of $17 that day.
Chef George Snyder from Pazzaluna served up his delicious pasta carbonara recipe.
Pasta: Carbonara Pazzaluna
6 ounces Spaghetti
1 ounce Unsalted butter
2 ounces Speck
7 fl ounces Heavy cream
2 ounces Fresh peas
1 each Yolk only egg (whole)
1/4 tsp Ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp Black peppercorn
1/2 tbl Grated Parmesan cheese
1 serving Bread factor batch
1/4 tsp Italian parsley
1. Using a sauté pan over moderately high heat crisp the speck in butter.
2. Add cream and nutmeg and bring to a boil and reduce by 1/4, add peas and season with S&P
3. Drop spaghetti in boiling salted water and cook until al dente, then add to the pan.
4. Add the egg yolk and stir over heat just to thicken sauce but be careful not to scramble egg.
5. Check and adjust seasoning if needed.
6. Using a warm pasta bowl place pasta in center of plate pouring remaining sauce and speck over the top of pasta.
7. Garnish with parmesan and chopped parsley.
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved.)