PLATTEVILLE, Wis. - Police say it seems a small fire on the University of Wisconsin-Platteville campus was started when a student tried to make meth.
WKOW-TV reports Sunday that the fire started early Saturday. The Rountree Commons dorm was evacuated for about an hour.
Police say a student was trying to cook methamphetamine when the ingredients started a fire in a plastic waste basket. The student put out the fire and emergency crews were called.
Five people suffered smoke-related injuries.
The student was arrested. He's being held on a tentative charge of attempted manufacturing of methamphetamine.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )