ST. PAUL, Minn. -- George Snyder, chef at Pazzaluna Urban Restaurant, shares his Bistecca alla Pazzaluna recipe.
- 1 16 oz Bone in NY Strip Loin
- 1 tbsp Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Cracked Black Pepper
- ½ Lemon
- 1 tbsp Rosemary, Chopped
- 3 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 oz Baby Arugula
- 1 tsp Chopped Garlic
- ½ oz Shaved Parigiano Reggiano (Parmesan Cheese)
- Season both sides of the NY strip with salt and pepper and rub into the meat.
- Using high heat by way of a grill or sauté pan, begin to sear one side of the steak until charred and golden brown. Turn over and sear the other side. Continue cooking the meat until the desired temperature is reached (medium, 140 degrees F). Once reached, remove from heat and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- White steak is resting, combine garlic with the juice of the lemon. Slowly drizzle 2 oz of extra virgin olive oil to make a vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, remove the meat from the bone, saving the bone. Slide to desired thickness keeping the steak in its natural shape.
- Using a large platter, place the bone on the plate and assemble the meat inside of the bone like it looked before cutting. Drizzle with remaining extra virgin olive oil and rosemary.
- Toss the arugula with the desired amount of vinaigrette and place on platter by steak.
- Garnish salad and steak with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano.
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)