Couple found dead in camper of apparent CO poisoning

BROOKSTON, Minn. (AP) - Authorities say carbon monoxide poisoning apparently killed a Cloquet couple who were found dead in northeastern Minnesota.

The St. Louis County Sheriff's Office says emergency responders were called to the camper Saturday morning and discovered 65-year-old Pamela Smith and 67-year-old Richard Smith unconscious in their camper. The camper was in the Brookston area.

Attempts to revive the couple failed. Both were declared dead at the scene.

Authorities say the gas apparently came from a generator that was improperly placed in an unvented storage cabinet below the camper's living space.

A carbon monoxide detector was sounding when responders arrived.

© 2017 Associated Press


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment