This content is sponsored by CentraCare.
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn -- Summer is a precious season in Minnesota – winter is behind us, kids are out of school and it’s really a time to enjoy the outdoors. CentraCare Health’s Jodi Gertken discusses the benefits of getting outdoors during the summer months, and highlight some new ways Feeling Good MN is making it easy for people in St. Cloud to be active.
BLEND Fit Kids Series
- This program provides fun fitness events for kids 12 and younger to be active during the year through a variety of local family fitness events in Central Minnesota
- There are more than 20 events to choose from throughout the year, including family walks, 1Ks, 5Ks and even Foot Golf
- A full listing of these events is available on CentraCare website.
- The BLEND Fit Kids Series is sponsored by McKay Dodge of St. Cloud
Feeling Good MN Activity Bins
- Beginning in June, we will be testing a new concept that we’re hoping makes it easier for kids to be active in the community. We’re calling it the Feeling Good MN Activity Bin, and it’s essentially a portable bin stocked with sports gear, games and recreational equipment that are free for kids (and grown ups) to use at various locations in the community.
- The equipment, gear and games have been generously donated by Scheels in St. Cloud, and are free to use by everyone. The only rule is to return the equipment to the bin once you’re done using it, so that people can continue using the equipment throughout the summer.
- We will be bringing the Activity Bin to several community festivals and gatherings throughout the summer. We’ll also be looking for feedback from people in the Greater St. Cloud area about where they’d like to see the Activity Bin so we can move it to different locations since we want as many people as possible to utilize it.
Here are some more resources for summer fun and fitness:
Feeling Good Minnesota is powered by CentraCare Health.
© 2017 KARE-TV