MINNEAPOLIS -- Mark Coopman from Verizon Wireless joins KARE to talk about his favorite Smartphone apps for casual and serious bikers.
These apps are designed to do everything from mapping your rides, repairing your bike, and helping to track your training and decrease your carbon footprint. Here are Mark's favorite biking apps:
- Map My Ride helps route your ride and meet up with friends (free on iOS and Android)
- Fitbit helps keep you on track with your fitness goals; this app also sync's with Map My Ride
- Bike Doctor is a guide to repair your bike when problems arise with step-by-step instructions ($2.87 on iOS and Android)
- My Planet shows what your carbon footprint looks like and provides helpful tips to help you reduce it (free on Android)
- BioLogic BikeBrain transforms your phone into a powerful and easy-to-use cycle computer to see real time calories burned and time elapsed (free on iOS)
Look for these apps, along with Nice Ride, a Smartphone app designed specifically for Twin Cities bikers, in the app store on your phone.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)