MANKATO, Minn. - A Mankato man accused of providing the synthetic drugs that killed two people is being held on $1 million bail.
Tyler Caputo was arrested in suburban Chicago last week after leaving Minnesota without the court's permission. The 21-year-old man is facing third-degree murder charges in the deaths of 17-year-old Chloe Moses and 22-year-old Louis Folson. They overdosed on a psychedelic drug in separate incidents in Mankato in March.
Caputo claims the drug changed hands several times before Moses and Folson received it.
Defense attorney Ryan Pacyga says he doesn't think the case rises to the level of murder.
The Free Press says Caputo appeared in Blue Earth County District Court Monday.