2 hospitalized after trying to save TV from fire

ST. PAUL, Minn. - Two people were taken to the hospital after they tried saving their flat-screen TV as their apartment burned in St. Paul.

Firefighters say the couple's apartment in the basement of a duplex on the 600 block of Chatsworth was filled with smoke as they tried to disconnect the TV Sunday. St. Paul Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard tells the St. Paul Pioneer Press firefighters had to tell the couple to leave the TV and exit the apartment.

At this point the cause of the fire isn't known.

Zaccard says the two were treated for smoke inhalation at Regions Hospital. Zaccard says the incident serves as a warning that in the event of a fire, leave belongings behind. They can be replaced, he says. Your life can't be.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories