Electrical outlet sparked downtown Mpls. fire

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Officials say a faulty electrical outlet caused a three-alarm fire at a historic apartment building in downtown Minneapolis.

The fire broke out in the three-story brick building last Sunday.

The blaze sent smoke billowing hundreds of feet into the sky. It took firefighters about two hours to get the fire under control.

No one was hurt, but a 12-year-old cat died in the fire despite attempts to save it.

The apartment building in the 200-block of 9th Street South has stood since 1888.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment