MINNEAPOLIS -- The death toll from confirmed H1N1 flu infections in Minnesota has risen to 32, with the state Health Departments reporting six new cases Tuesday.
The department says that since Nov. 18, there have been six confirmed swine flu deaths and one death of an influenza-type illness that wasn't confirmed to be H1N1.
RELATED: More eligible for H1N1 vaccines in the Twin Cities
Including both confirmed swine flu infections and unconfirmed cases, 35 people in Minnesota have died of the flu so far this year.
As of Nov. 21, there have been 1,767 total swine flu hospitalizations in state. That's up by about 70 since last week.
The department says there were 10 outbreaks in schools from Nov. 15 to Nov. 21, continuing a downward trend since a big spike in mid-October.
(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)