GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn.- A Minnesota favorite is beer cheese soup. Now, the Executive Chef at Tria, Brian Bossert, wants you to enjoy a new take on this standard by adding bleu cheese.
He joined KARE 11 News @ 4 with his recipe.
Beer Bleu Cheese Soup-
1 cup butter
1 small onion, diced
32 tablespoons all-purpose flour
12 cups flavorful chicken stock, heated
2 bottle beer
12 ounces bleu cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 sprigs watercress, 2 strips cooked bacon, chopped to garnish
1. In medium Sauce pan melt butter.
2. Add diced onion and cook until transparent.
3. Add flour and stir 2 minutes
4. Add beer and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
5. Stir in Bleu cheese and salt & pepper.
6. Place into bowls and garnish with watercress and chopped bacon.
Note: Serves 12
Also, all the offerings on Tuesday, April 23, will be enhanced by Goose Island Beer.
Here's a link to Tria
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)