GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- The 30th anniversary of Highland Fest will take place this weekend, July 19-21. Over 65,000 people are expected to attend this year's fest, which will include a juried art fair, live music on two stages, food, amusement rides, a 5K, and more.
Angie Hanzel-Palomo, of the Highland Business Association and
Ted Farrell, Haskell's Vice President, joined KARE 11 News @ 4 to talk about all the festivities.
Highland Fest Highlights include:
- Located on Cleveland Ave. and Ford Parkway in St. Paul, MN.
- Fireworks BOTH Friday and Saturday night at 10:00 p.m.
- Nine local bands including H$B, 1985, and The Tim Sigler Band
- 8th Annual Highland Fest 5K/1K Fun Run on Sunday, July 17 at 9 a.m.
- Includes an Art Fair, Business Fair and Home Improvement Fair
- NEW Haskell's Friday Nite Lites Beer and Wine Tasting on Friday Night from 5-8 p.m.
- NEW Fast and Furry-ous Weiner Dog Races on Saturday, July 20 at 1 p.m. at the Hillcrest Recreational Center
- Fantasy Corral Petting Zoo on Saturday, July 20 from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m near the Hillcrest Recreational Center
- METRO transit providing FREE transportation to and from Highland Fest
- 50+ food and beverage vendors
For more information, head to Highland Fest.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )