GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - It is amazing how fear can derail a job search.
Career consultant and author Karen Kodzik joined KARE 11 News @ 4 with some tips on how to overcome these fears and successfully network and job search - especially for those who are introverts.
• Avoid gross generalizations
• Acknowledge the power fear holds over you
• Staying Grounded - tips especially for introverts
- Strength - energy to pull yourself up from defeat, despair or adversity
- Courage - believing and trusting in yourself to be able to move forward
- Support - reaching out and letting others help
• Know that all fear is a lack of faith.
The first step in removing fear as a barrier job change is to acknowledge the power it holds over you. And know that all fear is a lack of faith. This starts with looking deep inside and finding faith in yourself, your potential and your possibilities.
For more information on overcoming job search fear, visit CultivatingCareers.com.
(Copyright 2012 KARE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)