GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Wild weather this summer has brought property damage from flooding, rain, winds and hail. Many storms have caused billions of dollars in property damage at the same time that insurance claims keep rising.
However, are you getting the most out of your property insurance coverage?
Attorney Rob Keena from the law firm of Hellmuth and Johnson joined KARE 11 News @ 4 to explain. Keena shared the following tips:
• Mitigate damages if necessary
• Notify the insurance company before repairing any damage
• Document the damage suffered in a complete and thorough manner
• Submit all requested materials to the insurance company in a timely manner
• Cooperate with any requests of the insurance company
• Understand that you do not need to take the first offer; it is negotiable
For more information, head to hjlawfirm.com.
(Copyright 2012 KARE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)