Prince tribute concert in jeopardy

Prince tribute concert might be running into trouble

MINNEAPOLIS - The manager for the only band confirmed to be playing in the October 13 Prince tribute concert now says the event might not happen.

Al Manerson, CEO of Red Velvet Entertainment and manager of Twin Cities-based Mint Condition, said in an email he just found out Wednesday afternoon that the concert might not take place.

Prince's family announced the concert in late July, promising "to bring everyone together and celebrate Prince's life and legacy."

It was to take place in the brand new  U-S Bank Stadium.

But tickets have not gone on sale, and according to the head of the stadium authority, the proper paperwork has not been signed.

"US Bank stadium does not have a signed contract for a Prince concert at this time. We will provide additional information when it is available," Michele Kelm-Helgen's spokesperson said through a written statement.

Promoters last month said the concert would feature The Revolution and Morris Day and The Time, and that the official concert lineup would be announced after Labor Day.

 

 

Others who've spoken with former Prince lawyer Londell McMillan, who's now taking the lead on the concert, are trying to stay optimistic.

On Sunday, BrownMark, former bassist for Prince and the Revolution, tweeted, "Had a very good conversation with Londell today about the Oct Prince tribute. More news soon but it's all good"

But several social media posts promoting the supposed upcoming concert have now been deleted.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories