GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- Kieran Folliard, founder and COO of 2 Gingers Irish Whiskey, joined KARE in studio Saturday morning for a special St. Patrick's Day segment.
Born in Ireland, Folliard is regarded as an Irish whiskey expert, which has helped 2 Gingers Whiskey thrive throughout the Midwest.
Here is one of the many delicious drink recipes to enjoy this St. Patrick's Day with 2 Gingers®:
Big Ginger® - 2 GINGERS® Signature Drink
- Fill a Collins glass with ice
- Pour 2 oz. 2 GINGERS™ Irish Whiskey
- Top with ginger ale
- Garnish with a wedge of both lemon and lime
For more recipes visit 2GingersWhiskey.com.
Janene Holig, head chef of soon-to-open food truck "Hot Indian", also joined KARE along with Kieran to share her 2 Gingers Irish Whiskey Honey Wings.
- 2 dozen whole chicken wings, tips left on
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup 2 Gingers whiskey
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lime zest (from 2 limes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons New Mexico or ancho chile powder
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Arrange the wings in a single layer on 2 rimmed baking sheets and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 40 minutes, until crisp, golden and cooked through.
- In a small saucepan, whisk the honey with the whiskey and bring to a simmer over moderately high heat. Off the heat, whisk in the mustard.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar with the zest, chile powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- Transfer the wings to a large bowl. Pour the sauce on top and toss to coat. Transfer the wings to a platter, sprinkle with some of the spiced sugar and serve.
(Copyright 2013 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)