Summer tire safety tips

MINNEAPOLIS -- Just in time for the summer travel season, the Rubber Manufacturers Association (RMA) is urging motorists to keep their tires properly inflated and maintained as part of the 13th annual National Tire Safety Week (June 1-7).

According to a new RMA survey of drivers in Minneapolis, only 12 percent had four correctly inflated tires, leaving an astounding 88 percent with at least one tire improperly inflated (either over- or under-inflated.) --- increasing their risk for accidents, and inflating their gas bills. It's estimated drivers can save 11 cents per gallon at the pump and help their tires last longer with simple monthly maintenance.

Ben Garvin from Discount Tire stopped by KARE 11 to share some other safety and cost saving tips.

You can check out additional information by clicking here.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment