COKATO, Minn. - A Dassel-Cokato football player is hospitalized after an allergic reaction.
According to his mom's Facebook page, 15-year-old Jacob MacDonald had a severe allergic reaction after eating a cookie with peanuts that caused him to have heart and lung issues.
Bonni Halverson says her son was airlifted to Children's Hospital, where at last check, he was in the ICU.
Tuesday night, hundreds of Jacob's friends and family gathered on the Dassel-Cokato football field to pray for a quick recovery.
"We've been keeping in touch," said Danielle Shank, vigil organizer and family friend. "I think they are hoping for a miracle like the rest of us. And they're doing their best to make decisions for Jacob and his well being, and again, hoping for that miracle because I know he can come through."
In her Facebook post, Jacob's mom thanked everyone for all the support they've already received - and asked that everyone keep the prayers coming.
© 2017 KARE-TV