It's a big weekend for events and construction projects around the Twin Cities metro, so before you hit the road make sure to plan ahead.
The city of Minneapolis is jam packed with events with the Twin Cities Pride Festival kicking off Friday.
If you plan on going to any of the Pride festivities you may run into a few road blocks to get you there.
The Lowry Tunnel will close eastbound Interstate 94 starting Friday, June 23 at 10 p.m. through Sunday afternoon. Here are the details from the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT).
I-94 Minneapolis to Brooklyn Center
- From Fri, June 23 to Sun, June 25, EB I-94 will be closed between I-394 and I-35W, this includes the EB side of the Lowry Tunnel.
The following ramps will be closed beginning Fri, June 23 through Sun, June 25:
- Hwy 55 to EB I-94
- EB I-394 to EB I-94
The following ramps will be closed beginning Sat, June 24:
- NB I-35W to WB I-94
- 4th Ave. S to WB I-94
- WB I-94 to WB I-394
- WB I-94 to Hwy 55
- Beginning Sun, June 25, the WB side of the Lowry Tunnel will be closed. I-94 traffic will be traveling on the EB side of the tunnel. Trucks will be prohibited from the tunnel.
The official detour MnDOT is recommending is Hwy 100 southbound, to Hwy 62 eastbound, then northbound on 35W to get back to 94.
Some good news if you're planning to go to Back to the 50s at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds this weekend, Highway 51 and Snelling Avenue is back open!
Hwy 51/Snelling Ave St. Paul to Roseville
- From Thu, June 22 through Mon, June 26, Hwy 51/Snelling Ave. between Como Ave. and Hwy 36 will be open to all lanes for the Back to the 50’s event
The west metro will have a closure along Highway 169 northbound starting Friday, June 23
Hwy 169 Edina to Golden Valley
- From 7 p.m. Fri, June 23 through 5 a.m. Mon, June 26, NB Hwy 169 between Hwy 7 and Hwy 55 and the ramp from EB I-394 to NB Hwy 169 will be closed
- The ramps from NB Hwy 169 to Hwy 7 and from SB Hwy 169 to Hwy 7 will be closed through July 3
For a complete list of closures around the state click here!
© 2017 KARE-TV