GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- Looking to beat the heat of the kitchen this summer? Try this fresh offering from Marcelo Cardoza, Cucina Partner from Buca Eden Prairie.
Cardoza joined KARE 11 News @ 4 with his Insalate Fresca recipe.
Buca di Beppo's Insalate Fresca (serves 3)
Cooked shrimp, (41-50 size) 12 pieces
Grape tomatoes, cut in half 1 cup
Seedless watermelon, cut in 1" cubes 9 pieces
Lemon vinaigrette* see recipe below using 2 fluid ounces
Romaine/iceberg/radicchio (Mix 5 ounces by weight)
Baby spinach (2 ounces by weight)
Feta, crumbled (1 ounce by weight)
Fresh squeezed lemon juice, 1/4 cup
Salt and pepper, pinch
Sugar, 1 teaspoon
Olive Oil Blend, 2 tablespoons
1. Prepare the lemon vinaigrette by blending lemon juice, salt and pepper and sugar in a blender. Then add the oil while the blender is running. Set aside until needed.
2. Place cooked shrimp, grape tomato halves and watermelon in a mixing bowl.
3. Add lemon vinaigrette and toss using gloved hands or rubber spatulas. Be careful not to break up the tomatoes or watermelon.
4. Add romaine mix and spinach. Toss again using gloved hands or rubber spatulas.
5. Transfer into chilled serving bowl.
6. Garnish with crumbled feta and serve.
(Copyright 2012 by KARE. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)