FARGO, N.D. - A 1-year-old Minnesota boy who was poisoned when he bit into a Tide detergent pod is out of the pediatric intensive care unit at a North Dakota hospital.
Alexander Rhode from Hitterdal, Minn., was flown to Sanford's Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Fargo more than a week ago.
KVLY-TV reports donations to help with the mounting medical bills can go to any Gate City Bank location.
Family members say he thought the pod was a treat.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)