WASHINGTON - He makes his money grabbing rebounds, but Timberwolves forward Kevin Love is pretty darn good at the tweet game as well.
The USA Today put Love atop the list of 20 best sports debate tweets, in a night when Twitter posts were flying fast and furious. Unfortunately for Love's teammate Ricky Rubio, the spanish point guard was the butt of the joke.
Here is the USA's Top 20 list.
20. Sanya Richards-Ross, Olympic Track and Field
@SanyaRichiRoss: People tune in now....It's about to go down! #PresidentialDebate
19. Tony Gonzalez, TE, Atlanta Falcons
@TonyGonzalez88: Watching the debates. Good stuff. Hope everybody else is.
18. Landry Fields, G, Toronto Raptors
@landryfields: Presidential debate tonight!
17. Jeremy Lin, G, Houston Rockets
@JLin7: @landryfields quit acting like you know what theyre talkin about hahah
16. Landry Fields, G, Toronto Raptors
@landryfields: @JLin7 SMH. The Stanford gentleman is doing his due diligence on politics, while the Harvard man is worried about Blue's Clues back packs.
15. AJ DeLaGarza, D, LA Galaxy
@AJD_20: Ahh no need to even watch the Debate. There is play by play coverage here on twitter...
14. Julius Hodge, Former NBA player
@Follow24Hodge: I don't exactly understand the green and yellow squiggly lines at the bottom of the screen. #presidentialdebate ???
13. Reggie Bush, RB, Miami Dolphins
@reggie_bush: Ok next topic already! Lol!
12. Michael Strahan, Retired NFL player
@michaelstrahan: I remove myself from the ballot! Lol "@Chris_Walsh27: I'm voting for @michaelstrahan for president. #presidentialdebate2012"
11. Greg Olsen, TE, Carolina Panthers
@gregolsen82: The debate needs stat boy from PTI at the end to correct any false numbers or facts by both guys. Hahahaha
10. Jay Feely, K, Arizona Cardinals
@jayfeely: That's hilarious (maybe one thing we agree on during this debate) RT @realfreemancbs Moderator losing control like he's a replacement ref.
9. Kerron Clement, Olympic Track and Field
@KerronClement: OK..This moderator needs to put this foot down.
8. James van Riemsdyk, LW, Toronto Maple Leafs
@JVReemer21: All political debates remind me of two classic movie scenes from billy Madison and old school #thatshowyoudebate #whathappenediblackedout
7. Daniel Gibson, SG, Cleveland Cavaliers
@BooBysWorld1: Democrips and Rebloodlicans.. First Presidential Debate tonight at 9.
6. Greg Monroe, C, Detroit Pistons
@MooseGM10: But u cant take a shot a Sesame Street tho!
5. David West, F, Indiana Pacers
@D_West30: Not PBS
4. Jeb Brovsky, D, Montreal Impact
@JebBrovsky: How hard is Oscar the Grouch laughing in his trash can right now? #DeathOfBigBird
3. Darrell Wallace Jr, NASCAR
@BubbaWallace: What is all this noise about the presidential debate? Hell I can't even spell presidential debate! I'm already lost:( Go Vols!
2. Chad Johnson, WR
@ochocinco: The ability to answer a question without really answering the question is a work of intellectual art... who teaches that? #awesome
1. Kevin Love, PF, Minnesota Timberwolves
@kevinlove: All Ricky heard was Big Bird... #debates2012
Mr. Love, of course, was referring to Rubio, whose mastery of english is a work in progress.
(Copyright 2012 by USA Today. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. )