MINNEAPOLIS-- The Wilde Roast Café in Minneapolis are serving up exciting features in March in celebration of their ten-year anniversary.
The Wilde Roast Cafe has been serving up great drinks and food to their neighbors in NE Minneapolis and across the Twin Cities for the last ten years and to celebrate they've announced a grand celebration party, writing contest, prizes, giveaways, and special offers.
The highlight of their celebration is a 10th Anniversary Party on Thursday, March 6, 2014 from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. The event will feature musical entertainment by local cabaret artist Erin Schwab with Jay Fuchs, a special menu with some of their most popular items, and guests will get a free glass of Wilde Punch.
Each day from March 1through March 10, customers can stop in to the Wilde Roast Cafe and celebrate their anniversary with:
- Free giveaways from 7-9am, 3-5pm and 9-11pm that include free coffee, gelato, and muffins (while supplies last).
- Scratch-off cards with a grand prize of a $250 Wilde Roast Cafe gift card, plus 50% off and buy one get one free deals, free coffee, and other exciting prizes (while supplies last).
- 10 Belly Points per visit, which is twice the points of their normal rewards program.
- Back for a limited time: Trinity College Tuna Melt and their fantastic Tuna Salad.
Also on the schedule:
- March 17th (St. Patrick's Day): in honor of Oscar Wilde's Irish heritage, they'll be serving up a delicious Guinness Pie.
- The Wilde Roast Writing Contest: Share your Wilde Roast Cafe story – a memorable moment at the cafe, a great date, inspiration that struck over a latte… and win a $500 Wilde Roast Cafe Party! It can be an essay, poem, or whatever format you'd like. Email your story to email@example.com with the subject line "My WRC Story". Entries will be posted on their Facebook page, and voted on by friends of the Wilde Roast Cafe. Stories are due March 1, 2014.
- For more information, visit www.wilderoastcafe.com.
In celebration of the anniversary Tom DeGree and Adam Icard stopped by KARE's kitchen to show us how to make a tuna mix.
· 4 5 oz. cans tuna, skipjack, or albacore
· 1 beefsteak or heirloom tomato, deseeded and diced
· ½ red onion, chopped
· ¼ cup basil, chopped
· ½ cup parsley
· 2 tbsp. thyme, chopped
· 3 cloves garlic, chopped
· 1 lemon, juice and zest
· ½ cup vinegar, red wine
· 2 tsp. salt, kosher
· 1 tsp. black pepper, ground
1. Using a strainer, drain tuna, and break up big chunks
2. Cut tomato into quarters, deseed, and dice
3. Mince red onion, garlic, and herbs together
4. Combine all non-liquid ingredients (except lemon) into a large mixing bowl
5. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, red wine vinegar, and olive oil
6. Pour oil mixture over tuna mixture
7. Mix thoroughly with hands, adding more salt and pepper to preferred taste