The first frozen fruits and vegetables were sold to the public back in 1930. Since then, frozen food has become a staple of the American diet.
March is National Frozen Food Month. Lindsey Bruber, President of Simek's, joined us in the studio to create a simple meal using frozen meatballs.
Simek's Mini Meatball Pasta
Serves 4-6 | Hands-On Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 bag Simek's Mini Meatballs, frozen
- 12 oz. pasta (your choice)
- 2T olive oil
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetable medley
- 8 oz. pasta sauce
1. Boil pasta according to package directions
2. Drain pasta and set aside
3. Pour olive oil into a large skillet, add frozen meatballs and frozen vegetables and cook over medium high heat until heated thorough
4. Add sauce and pasta, stir and cook until heated thoroughly