Golden Valley, Minn. -- The2012 Eleven Who Carehonorees have been selected. This year's winners mark the 28th group to receive the volunteer recognition award.
- Andy Anderson - A retired farmer who now shares his knowledge and expertise with the visitors to the Family Farm at the MN Zoo. A good ambassador for agriculture and the Zoo.
- Jared Broghamer - A skilled house captain with Rebuilding Together Twin Cities, combining his professional skills and expertise with his volunteer efforts.
- Arnie Curiel - Key volunteer with the Shop with Cops program in St. Paul, where more than 200 youth will do holiday shopping with members of the St. Paul Police Dept.
- Ken Ellis & Mike Porcaro - Volunteers dedicated to the care and development of the Bonsai collection at the Marjorie McNeely Conservatory.
- Hanna, Karl & Adam Gaertner - After watching their cousin compete in the Special Olympics, these siblings wanted to get involved. They help with a variety of sports throughout the year.
- Mary Johnson - Founder of From Death to Live, an organization dedicated to ending violence by facilitating healing and reconciliation between families of victims and perpetrators.
- Maria Keller - Founded Read Indeed at the age of 8, with a goal of collecting a million books for kids in need by age 18. Now 11, she has already passed the halfway mark.
- Ronda Oliver - Founder of Reach & Restore, Inc., an organization that provides furniture and clothing to families in need in the western suburbs.
- Marsha Ovitz - Founder of Breanna's Gift, bringing art, music and dance to patients at Children's Hospitals & Clinics and the Ronald McDonald House.
- Carlos Stewart - Founder of the Regime Basketball Program, serving youth out of the Dayton's Bluff Community Center in St. Paul.
- Vonnie Thomas - A 60 year volunteer with the American Red Cross, recruiting & training medical volunteers and responding to national and international disasters.
The 2012 Eleven Who Care honorees will be recognized monthly during KARE 11 News programs.
Eleven Who Care is presented in partnership with Thrivent Financial for Lutherans.
To nominate an outstanding volunteer for recognition in 2013, submit the Eleven Who Care nomination form by November 2012.