GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - As seniors prepare to graduate and head-off to college, juniors are beginning their preparations for the big move.
But one size may not fit all when it comes to college entrance exams.
So which one is right for your student?
Valerie Broughton with College Connectorsvisited KARE 11 Sunrise to break down the decision making process for you.
- Pick one test - ACT or SAT -- most colleges accept both tests
- Choose a test date that's convenient for you
- Prepare - on your own, with a tutor, or take a class
- Plan to earn a score that accurately reflects your ability
- Plan to take the test only once
Broughton says an exception to her advice on taking the test only once comes if a student can increase their financial aid package by having a higher test score.