GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- Looking for a delicious way to kick-start your day? Well, look no further thanMST Cafe at the St. Paul Hotel. The restaurantserves up breakfastseven days a week, and their menu boats some classic favorites withunique twists.
Chef Seth Fannin dropped by our kitchen this morning to share his recipe for corn flake crusted french toast.
M ST Café
350 Market Street
Corn Flake Crusted French Toast
2 Slices of Texas Toast
French Toast Batter (see sub recipe)
Crushed Corn Flakes to Coat
Banana Caramel Sauce (see sub recipe)
½ Banana for Garnish
1. Dip the bread slices in the batter. Make sure that all parts of the bread have absorbed the batter. Allow excess batter to drip off.
2. Dip the bread into crushed corn flakes. Be sure to cover every inch evenly with the corn flakes.
3. Place in a skillet set to medium heat or on a griddle set to 350 degrees with a tablespoon of butter.
4. Cook the French toast for 45 seconds to one minute on one side until it is golden brown. Flip over to the other side and repeat the cooking time.
5. Cut the French toast in half if you like. Place on a serving plate. Pour over the banana caramel sauce and garnish with fresh bananas.
French Toast Batter
Mix one cup of Heavy Cream with one cup beaten egg, one teaspoon of vanilla, and one quarter of a cup of sugar. Whisk vigorously to combine.
Banana Caramel Sauce
Combine one cup of heavy cream, 3/4 cup of brown sugar, and half a banana in a skillet. Bring to a boil while stirring gently. Simmer until the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and keep hot until ready to use.