GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn.-- Planning a night out with friends?
Well, you maywant to stop by theBradstreet Craftshouse Restaurant in Minneapolis. It's located in the Graves 601 Hotel and serves up the perfect dishes for sharing, as well as some pretty inventive drinks.
Chef De Cuisine Andy Vyskocil dropped by our KARE 11 Kitchen today to share one of their signature dishes.
Bradstreet Craftshouse Restaurant
601 North 1st Avenue
Bradstreet's Elvis-Inspired Sandwich
4 Pork Sides (cleaned)
1kg Kosher Salt
1 qt Sugar
¼ cup Star Anise (Whole)
¼ cup Ginger Root (Sliced)
¼ cup Fennel (Whole)
¼ cup Cloves (Whole)
5 Cinnamon sticks (Whole)
5 Onions (peeled and quartered)
5 Carrots (washed and cut in 1" rounds)
10 Celery stalks (washed and cut in 1" pieces)
2 Garlic Heads (halved)
2 cup Red Wine
10 Thyme Sprigs
4 Bay leaves
1. Work the sugar salt and all spices together with hands until well infused.
2. Dry pork bellies and season evenly with all the salt mixture. Let cure 24 hours, rinse and dry.
3. In a hot sauté pan, sear the pork bellies on all sides.
4. Saute all the vegetables until slightly caramelized then deglaze with wine
5. Top with water add herbs and slightly simmer until tender. About 3 hours
6. Cut heat and allow to cool in the juice.
Honey Peanut Butter
1 cup Gourmet peanut butter
1 cup local honey
1 tsp salt
1. Whisk all ingredients together.
French Toast Baguette
1 cup milk
1 ea vanilla bean
1 pinch nutmeg
1 loaf Baguette, sliced thin
2 pinches of salt
1. Whisk the milk egg vanilla bean/seeds and salt together
2. soak baguette slices for at least one hour
3. Scrape and oil the la plancha place the soaked Baguette on a cooler spot on the grill, and brown both sides.
1. Sear the 3 oz portion of belly.
2. Spread the peanut butter spread on the cooked French toast.
3. Place the cooked pork belly on the peanut butter.
4. Sprinkle sugar in the raw on two slices of banana, and brulee it.
5. Place the brulled banana on the belly.