GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - With spring break coming up, parents are looking for some creative ways to keep their kids engagedin learning.
Happi Olson ofCreative Kidstuffhas the solution with kid approved, boredom-busters.She joined KARE 11 News @ 4 to demonstrate how some crafts are easilymade at home.
Here is her recipe for Puffy Paint-
- 6 squeeze bottles
- 6 bowls and spoons
- canvas (without staples in it) or heavy cardstock
Ingredients for colors:
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
[Note: Make sure the flour is self-rising- It's the most important part!]
- ¼ cup salt
- 4 TBSP water
- A few drops of food coloring or gel icing color
1. In a bowl mix ¼ cup self-rising flour, ¼ cup salt, 4 TBSP water and food coloring or gel icing [Note: Mix each color batch individually.]
2. Mix the ingredients together until smooth and runny
3. Pour the mixture into a squeeze bottle
[Note: If the mixture is too thick to squeeze out of the bottle, add some more food coloring to the mixture and shake.]
4. Repeat process for each color
5. Give the paints to your kiddos and let them go wild on the cardstock or canvas
Happi also talked about Puzzle Planks, Tie Dye projects, Best Play Dough, and Cork Trivet.
For those and other great craft ideas, head to Creative Kidstuff.