GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn.- A Minnesota favorite is beer cheese soup. Now, the Executive Chef at Tria, Brian Bossert, wants you to enjoy anew takeon this standard by adding bleu cheese.
He joined KARE 11 News @ 4 with his recipe.
Beer Bleu Cheese Soup-
1 cup butter
1 small onion, diced
32 tablespoons all-purpose flour
12 cups flavorful chicken stock, heated
2 bottle beer
12 ounces bleu cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 sprigs watercress, 2 strips cooked bacon, chopped to garnish
1. In medium Sauce pan melt butter.
2. Add diced onion and cook until transparent.
3. Add flour and stir 2 minutes
4. Add beer and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer.
5. Stir in Bleu cheese and salt & pepper.
6. Place into bowls and garnish with watercress and chopped bacon.
Note: Serves 12
Also, all the offerings onTuesday, April 23, will be enhanced by Goose Island Beer.
Here's a link to Tria