MINNEAPOLIS -- Famous Dave Anderson has done it again with his newest book Famous Dave's Barbecue Party Cookbook: Secrets of a BBQ Legend.
Dave is spilling the beans in the new book which features the recipes that made him famous. In honor of the new book Famous Dave will be signing copies, taking pictures, and of course giving away some of his secret barbeque tips and recipes at Mall of America Saturday. The event will take place from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the Rotunda.
Dave will also be signing copies at the Edina Byerly's from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. and at Famous Dave's Restaurant in Bloomington from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The new book can be found at all major bookstores and online at bbqpartycookbook.com.
Here's the recipe for BBQ shrimp with mango salsa that was featured on KARE Saturday.
Delightfully serves a party of 5.
- 2 lbs. (16-20) raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Shrimp Marinade (recipe follows)
- Dave's All-Purpose Fish Seasoning (recipe follows)
- Famous Dave's Sweet & Zesty BBQ Sauce
- Mango Salsa (recipe follows)
- Fresh limes
Peel and devein shrimp; place in a large plastic bag.
Prepare marinade. Pour marinade into plastic bag with shrimp, seal and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. After 2 hours, drain shrimp into a sieve over a bowl, and discard the marinade.
Skewer shrimp with metal skewers or wooden skewers soaked in water. Lightly season shrimp with Dave's All-Purpose Fish Seasoning and spray with a non-stick cooking spray. Grill shrimp; depending on the temperature of your grill it won't take long to the grill shrimp, once they start looking opaque they are done. Baste with straight Sweet & Zesty BBQ Sauce just before taking off the grill, enough to caramelize the sauce.
Arrange Mango Salsa in the center of a large platter and place BBQ shrimp on top. Take a few lime slices and spritz lime juice over the shrimp. Garnish the edge of your platter with lime wedges.
Dave's BBQ Shrimp Marinade:
- 1 cup Famous Dave's Sweet & Zesty BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha hot chili sauce
In a bowl, mixBBQ sauce, olive oil, pineapple juice, pineapple concentrate, lime juice, and chili sauce together.
DAVE'S All-Purpose Fish Seasoning:
- 2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp. lemon pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Aleppo chili pepper
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. granulated onion powder
- 1 tsp. crushed dry basil
- 1 tsp. crushed dry oregano
- 1 tsp. fresh ground fennel seed (do it yourself from seeds)
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
In a small bowl, mix ingredients together to create an amazing chicken or fish seasoning.
- 1 cup of mandarin oranges, chopped, drained (reserve syrup)
- 2 tsp. Ball Fruit-Fresh Produce Protector
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped (reserve juice)
- 2 shot glasses of Grand Marnier
- 1 cup of mango, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup of avocado, chopped
Drain mandarin oranges, rough chop and reserve 1/2 cup of packing syrup. Add Ball Fruit-Fresh Produce Protector to mandarin orange syrup and mix well.
After coring pineapple, reserve the juice. Add 1/2 cup of pineapple juice to mandarin orange juice. Add Grand Marnier to this mix and set aside.
In a large bowl, add mangos, mandarin oranges, pineapple, red bell peppers, red onion, jalapeños, garlic, and kosher salt and gently toss to mix. Set mango mixture aside.
Chop avocados, add to mandarin orange mix and set aside.
Add the avocado mixture to the mango mixture and gently fold... be careful not to smash the avocados. Serve immediately.