GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. -- With the Minnesota State Fair just around the corner, many people have blue ribbon baking on their minds. Betsy Paulus with Pillsbury showed KARE 11 Saturday viewers how to make an award worthy pie, easy and simple. And here's the recipe! For more award-worthy, creative pies you can make at home visit Pillsbury.com or find them on Facebook.
Perfect Apple Pie
A classic apple pie takes a shortcut with easy Pillsbury® unroll-fill refrigerated pie crust.
- 1 box Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place 1 pie crust in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Press firmly against side and bottom.
- In large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients; spoon into crust-lined pie plate. Top with second crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal; flute. Cut slits or shapes in several places in top crust.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil after first 15 to 20 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Cool on cooling rack at least 2 hours before serving.
For the original recipe, follow this Recipe Link.