FALCON HEIGHTS, Minn. - It's easy to spend a lot of money at the Great Minnesota get together, but you don't have to.
There are a lot of things that are free at the Minnesota State Fair.
Here's a list of the Top 11 State Fair freebies:
- The prized paint bucket from Home Depot takes a little luck and patience, but everybody walks away with something - west side of Underwood Street at Murphy Avenue
- Not to be outdone by Home Depot, Menards has free nail aprons - Cooper Street
- For 30 years, the Minnesota Forest Industries has been handing out red pine seedlings - Education Building
- The University of Minnesota Gophers backpacks are given away at 12 to 6 p.m. - Regents of the U of M
- You can follow the blue flame to free air conditioning, cozies and colorful yard sticks - Minnesota Blue Flame Gas Association at Nelson Street
- Leave it to Sensodyne to come up with free toothpaste and a free toothbrush -Wright Avenue
- For fans of the Twins, Century Link has a free fan - Corner of Cooper St. and Randall Ave.
- Fans of the old gas station and soda signs can find a free key chain at Auto City Gas - Underwood St.
- You'll find Irish on Grand at the International Bazaar where you can pick up a free magnet calendar.
- For the kiddos, they can play with Legos all day long or build their own souvenir at Home Depot.
- Lastly, on a hot summer day the KARE 11 shades are free and giveaways are at 10:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. at the KARE 11 barn on Nelson St.