GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Here's an easy way for you to tap into your creative side.
In this week's "Piatt's Projects", do-it-yourself expert Sunday Burquest has two different fall wreaths you can make yourself. For more ideas from Sunday, visit her blogcalled A Sunday Afternoon.
Bryan Piatt shows you how to make your bookshelf pop. Here are directions to refurbish your bookshelf like Bryan did:
What you need:
- Bookshelf (I bought one for $4.99 at a thrift store)
- Fabric of your choice
- Acrylic paint (Whatever color you'd like. I used white Americana acrylic paint from Michaels)
- Elmer's adhesive spray
- Clear finish spray (I used Krylon Low Odor Clear Finish - Matte)
- Remove shelves from bookshelf.
- Paint bookshelf and shelves. 2-3 coats needed.
- Apply clear finish spray to painted area.
- Cutfabricto correct sizeto fit on the back of the inside of the shelf.
- Spray Elmer's adhesive spray to the inside surface of the shelf and lay fabric down.
- Put shelves back in.